Fri, May 05|
*SOLD OUT* Emergency Building Egress- Bailouts
This is an introductory course.
Time & Location
May 05, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Carmel Hamlet, 39 Seminary Hill Rd, Carmel Hamlet, NY 10512, USA
About the Event
LE/MIL/First Responder Only. (Retired OK.)
Introductory course for those individuals that want to learn the basics of rappelling and egress from heights/buildings in an urban environment.
This Course covers various methods and devices for LE and SWAT to rapidly evacuate (bail out) from a building when above the first floor.
Students must bring helmet, gloves, harness and boots. Any equipment the individual cannot provide must be communicated to us prior to the beginning of the course. Equipment rental is available on a limited basis
• Application of use for egress devices and techniques
• Overview of each device, inmspection and maintenance
• Installing device to the harness
• Anchor fundamentals
• Understanding the limits of each system
• Work positioning and restraint
• Horizontal movement with a weapon
• Edge obstructions - window sill etc
• One/two handed descent
• Lowering, raising
• Repetitions on all devices and techniques